This Saturday's event is the 62nd Cork Veteran Run, the first Run took place in 1956 and the event has been held every year since then. As before, there will be two routes, a short run of approximately 55 miles and a longer run of approximately 90 miles for those who prefer a greater distance. You can choose either route, they will both go to the lunch halt at Garryvoe Hotel and to the same finish.
This year’s run will start at Kearys BMW, Eastgate, Little Island, Co. Cork (Sat Nav Latitude = 51°54'16" (North), Longitude = 8°21'26" (West)). Check-in opens at 9.30am, where tea & coffee will be available. The run starts at 11am.
Lunch will be available at Garryvoe Hotel at € .50 each including tea/coffee.
Concours awards will be judged and voted on by you the entrants and will be given out at prizegiving at the finish at The Brook Inn, Sallybrook (which is near to the morning Start). A Voting slip will be included with the route sheet and should be filled in at the lunch halt.
If you would like to have an evening meal at The Brook Inn after the prizegiving, please book this directly with The Brook Inn on 021 4821498 www.thebrookinn.ie (not included in the entry fee).
Club Awards will be presented, which will include the following, with glass trophies for each award winner:
- The Ross Hinds Shield for the oldest car
- The Sam Hull Cup for the oldest motorcycle
- The CAB Cup for the best car
- The Joe Jackson Cup for the best motorcycle
- The Mayfield Cup for the best unrestored motorcycle
- The Henry Ford Trophy for the best Model T Ford
- The Alkin Cup for the car that travels the furthest distance to the event
- The Munster Motor Cycle & Car Club Cup for the motorcycle that travels the furthest distance to the event